Rafsanjani Akbari Pistachio
Surely you are always looking to know what can be the best possible choice. Not only choosing the best things helps you to have peace of mind and mental satisfaction; but also, it will show your appearance and personality as powerful and beautiful for others. Parties and gatherings are occasions that make a good opportunity to enjoy meeting with familiar people and know them better. One of the most important elements of any party is the meal served in it; so that you cannot find a party where food is not served! even you will see many people whose only reason for attending the party is to enjoy the food and other edibles. If you are interested in introducing yourself to others; Just invite them to a party and serve them the best food. The best are always the answer! Don’t forget nuts and dried fruits; Because in all type of occasion, they are always popular. One of the most important nut is pistachio. In this article, we intend to introduce you to the best component of any nut, means Akbari pistachio.
Why is this pistachio called Akbari?
As you know, Iran is one of the largest and most famous pistachio producers in the world and owes its fame to its high-quality pistachio varieties. Akbari pistachio can be considered the most famous variety among all pistachio varieties in Iran. The name of this pistachio is taken from the name of its creator, “Haj Akbar Besanjide” known as “Akbar Taj Abadi”. This type of pistachio appeared when Mr. Besanjideh (Taj Abadi) was transplanting pistachio trees to one another, and because of its beautiful shape and excellent taste, it soon gained world fame.
Where is Akbari pistachio cultivated?
This pistachio appeared for the first time in the Abbas Abad Amin village, in the Keshkoyeh district of Rafsanjan city, and today its largest volume is produced in Rafsanjan, Anar and Sirjan cities of Kerman province.
Why is Akbari Pistachio famous in the world?
The kernel of this pistachio has a very beautiful and elongated shape, and its very suitable size and coarseness can be another reason for the popularity of this pistachio. In addition to its beautiful shape, it’s kernel is very tasty and delicious, and it is almost impossible to resist its roasted varieties! One of the reasons that adds to the fame and popularity of it is the very easy and easy access to its kernel.
Characteristics of Akbari pistachio tree and its production
- This pistachio tree has a medium growth rate and a wide growth habit.
- This tree has a medium height and wide crown.
- Akbari pistachio belongs to the late flowers in terms of flowering time.
- The beginning of the flowering time of this pistachio (in a city like Rafsanjan) is from April 10 to April 15.
- The flowering period of this tree is about 11 days.
- The shape of the flower bud is spherical.
- This pistachio tree is late type in terms of fruiting time.
- Akbari pistachio fruits ripen on the September 22.
- The Akbari pistachio tree needs less water in summer compared to other types of pistachios, and this makes it one of the popular crops for cultivation in recent dry years.
- Pistachio trees need to spend time in the cold to produce crops, so that they wake up after the cold is over. Akbari pistachio trees need about 1200 hours of cold below 6 degrees in winter to produce.
Akbari pistachio characteristics
This pistachio is one of the most luxurious pistachios in Iran and whole over the world. Akbari pistachio is also known as the excellent export pistachio; Because it is popular export goods of Iran. One of the biggest fans of Akbari pistachios is the Arab countries along the Persian Gulf. In the following, we will examine some of the features of Akbari pistachios:
- The first and most obvious feature of this pistachio is its elongated and rectangular shape.
- its outer shell is light red when ripe.
- It’s hard and bony shell is dark cream.
- top coating of pistachio kernels is purple-brown.
- The dominant color of its kernel is light yellow.
- The cracked level of this pistachio is high and appropriate. (Access to its kernel is very easy)
Although by knowing the characteristics of the Akbari pistachio, you still hesitate to recognize it; Read this section:
In order to identify this pistachio well, it is good to compare its characteristics with other types of pistachios.
- In terms of shape, generally pistachios are divided into almond-shaped (stretched) and hazelnut-shaped (spherical or round). Akbari pistachio belongs to the almond-shaped pistachios. Therefore, it can be easily distinguished from the types of hazelnut (small and spherical) and Kaleguchi (large and spherical).
- Among the famous pistachios of Iran, Akbari pistachio is very similar to Ahmad Aghaei. Both of them are almond-shaped and elongated. To distinguish between them, the pistachio size of Akbari is larger than that of Ahmad Aghaei. The kernel size of the Akbari is on average 1.80 to 1.90 square millimeters; While the kernel size of Ahmad Aghaei is 1.50 to 1.60 mm square.
- You can recognize Akbari and Ahmad Aghaei pistachios by the color of their kernels. The surface color (coating) of Akbari pistachio is purple-brown; But the color of the Ahmad Aghaei is bright red to amethystine.
- To make it easier for you to choose Akbari pistachios, pay attention to the color of its shell. The hard and bony shell of Ahmed Aghaei pistachio is very bright white; But the shell of the Akbari pistachio is dark cream.
You will find Akbari pistachio in one of the following three forms in the market:
- First grade of Akbari pistachio: This type of pistachio is 100% cracked and you will not find any closed, small or pea-shaped pistachios among them. All grade 1 pistachios are the same shape, size and expensive.
- Second grade of Akbari pistachio: This type of pistachio is a mixture of natural cracked and Abkhandan pistachios. This type of pistachio has a lower price than the first grade.
- Third grade Akbari pistachio: This type of pistachio is of the Abkhandan type. Abkhandan pistachios are closed pistachios that have been opened with a machine.
The following ingredients are in 100 grams of Akbari pistachios:
- 45 grams of total fat, which includes 6 grams of saturated fat, 14 grams of unsaturated fat, and 0 grams of trans fat.
- 1 mg of sodium
- 1.025 mg of potassium
- 10 grams of dietary fiber
- 8 grams of sugar
- 20 grams of protein
- Vitamin C, B6 and A
- Iron, calcium and magnesium
The reasons that convince you that Akbari pistachio nuts are the magic of health:
Despite the fact that pistachios are a luxury element in all parties and occasions, they have properties for heart and blood vessels, digestive system, brain and even skin. In this section, we introduce some properties of pistachios:
- Pistachios contain a large amount of antioxidant substances and can neutralize free radicals resulting from cell metabolism with the help of these substances.
- Proper use of pistachios, can reduce the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the blood and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- The amount of high protein and low calories and fatty acids make pistachios an excellent option in a healthy diet.
- Pistachios contain a significant amount of dietary fiber, which greatly helps the digestive system.
- Anemia can cause many problems. If you suffer from anemia, do not exclude pistachios from your diet. In addition to iron, pistachios contain copper, which helps in the absorption of food iron.
- Vitamin E found in pistachios can treat all types of body inflammations.
- Vitamin B6 can also make useful amino acids and strengthen the immune and nervous system.
- Vitamin A plays an important role in the health of your eyesight.
- The use of pistachio has a significant effect on the beauty of your appearance. Pistachios can increase your hair growth due to the presence of useful fatty acids. In addition, by strengthening the texture and roots, it makes your hair very flexible and soft. Using pistachios can be an effective treatment for hair loss.
- Don’t forget the role of pistachios in skin beauty! Pistachios can remove fine and coarse wrinkles on your skin. It makes your skin moist and very bright and shiny.
It is better to know that all these features are only related to the pistachio kernel and its bone shell, leaf and even its tree bark are also used medicinally and industrially.
How to store our valuable pistachios at home?
at the same time Pistachio is a very valuable food item, is a very important economic and luxury product and must be kept in good conditions. To preserve this green diamond, you need to control two important factors. The first factor is temperature. High temperatures can turn your precious pistachios into a perfect home for all kinds of fungi and insects. Humidity is the next important factor to control. Moisture makes the growth and multiplication of bacteria inside pistachios faster and easier than ever. To properly store pistachios, you can keep them in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Keeping in the refrigerator:
To store pistachios in the refrigerator, it is better to avoid plastic bags and instead use plastic lidded containers. Keep the temperature of the refrigerator at 4 degrees Celsius or lower so that your pistachios will stay perfectly fresh for a whole year.
- Keeping in the freezer:
If you are looking for the best way to store pistachios at home, keep them in the freezer. The interior space can be a suitable place for your pistachios due to being away from light and heat. you can use thick plastic bags or plastic containers with lids. so, you can keep your pistachios completely fresh for 2 to 3 years.
Akbari Pistachio, the best option for your luxury parties and gatherings
As we said; Akbari pistachio is one of the most famous and of course the most popular export products and can be the best guest for your formal and informal gatherings. In the following, we will have an overview of the features of this pistachio:
- Beautiful and elongated almond shape
- Large and very tasty kernel
- High rate of cracked and easy access to its brain
- The presence of a large amount of nutrients such as vitamin C, A, E and etc…
- The presence of a large amount of minerals such as iron, calcium, copper, potassium, etc.
By buying Akbari pistachios, give the best to your guests.